SIM900 module is a GSM | GPRS module with voice function. It is based on the latest GSM module SIM900 from SIMCOM, supports GSM/GPRS Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz network and compatible with Arduino boards
It features ultra-low power consumption in sleep mode that make it get a super long standby time in battery powered projects. Shield is integrated with CRI220 3V coin cell for it’s built in clock function.
The shield allows you to achieve SMS, MMS, GPRS and Audio via UART by sending AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands). The shield also has the 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC of the SIM900 module(They are all 2V8 logic) present onboard.
- Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz – would work on GSM networks in all countries across the world.
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands – Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 | Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands.
- Default Baud rate : 19200
- Short Message Service – so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal).
- Embedded TCP/UDP stack – allows you to upload data to a web server.
- RTC supported.
- Selectable serial port.
- Speaker and Headphone jacks
- Low power consumption – 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Industrial Temperature Range – -40°C to +85 °C
- SIM900 Shield Development Board X 1
- GSM Antenna
- Nano SIM Adapter