The Raspberry Pi High Definition (HD) Camera Board connects to any Raspberry Pi or Compute Module, allowing you to create HD video and still photographs. Raspberry Pi Official Camera Module V2 utilises the IMX219PQ image sensor from Sony which offers high-speed video imaging and high sensitivity.
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module offers reduced image contamination such as fixed pattern noise & smearing. It also features automatic control functions such as exposure control, white balance and luminance detection.
Raspberry Pi Official Camera Module V2
- High-quality imagery
- High data capability
- 8 megapixels fixed focus
- Supports 1080p, 720p60 & VGA90
- Sony IMX219PQ CMOS image sensor
- 15-pin ribbon cable
- Type Camera Module
- Number of Channels 1
- Supported Bus Interfaces CSI-2
- Maximum Supported Resolution 3280 x 2464
- Maximum Frame Rate Capture 30fps
- Dimensions 23.86 x 25 x 9mm
- Height 9mm
- Length 23.86mm
- Maximum Operating Temperature +60°C
- Minimum Operating Temperature -20°C
- Width 25mm
Connecting the Camera Module to Pi:
A 15 cm ribbon cable attached to the module slots straight into your Pi Camera Serial Interface port (CSI). Once connected, you can access the camera board via the Multi-Media Abstraction Layer (MMAL) or the Video for Linux (V4L) APIs. Alternatively there are libraries such as Picamera Python, and many others that you can find online.
- The Raspberry Pi Camera Module is ideal for HD videos and still photography. You can also try time-lapse and slow-motion.
- Other applications include botanical, wildlife watching & home security.